Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugs in 1.2.2.1
Always good to see updates and new features, Eliot, thanks. I've found a few more bugs you might want to be aware of Smile

UE Explorer doesn't seem to close the file once it has read it into memory, preventing other programs from modifying it.

With Developer's build 1.2, it was possible to edit the file in another program while the "Hex Viewer" window in UE Explorer was still open; this is no longer possible in 1.2.2.1. Although, unfortunately in both versions it wasn't/isn't possible to edit a file while the Object/Tokens view is open. It would be great if UE Explorer closed/unlocked the file so that other programs could edit it, even with the Object, Tokens and Buffer views open. I'm guessing it doesn't need to read the file each time a different class/function is viewed, as it would be much faster loading it from memory?

Dev build 1.2 only required you to close the tab for the file to close/unlock the file, whereas in 1.2.2.1, you have to close UE Explorer completely for it to release the file. This might be obvious given the above details, but the memory usage doesn't decrease once closing the tab for the file.

In Dev build 1.2, if the virtual size of a function was too big, the function name in UE Explorer would be highlighted in red, indicating a problem. This feature no longer seems to occur in 1.2.2.1. Similarly, if the virtual size was too small, Dev build 1.2 would display an error message and not decompile the function.
"Exception Occurred
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index"

This error now seems to be handled in 1.2.2.1 and decompiles the function, but there is now no indication that there's a problem with the virtual size.

The links on the About screen don't seem work for your website or your donate page (no page even opens), but the View Licenses local file link does work. I'm using FireFox 18.0.1. I don't think it's my security software blocking it, but haven't looked into it further.

Thanks again and as always, keep up the great work Smile

Messages In This Thread
Bugs in 1.2.2.1 - by bokauk - 02-06-2013, 05:42 AM
RE: Bugs in 1.2.2.1 - by eliot - 02-06-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: Bugs in 1.2.2.1 - by bokauk - 02-10-2013, 07:07 AM
RE: Bugs in 1.2.2.1 - by eliot - 03-03-2013, 09:07 AM
RE: Bugs in 1.2.2.1 - by Orvid - 05-06-2013, 06:07 AM
RE: Bugs in 1.2.2.1 - by eliot - 05-09-2013, 02:17 AM