Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borderlands 2 [Status]
Im actually having trouble decompressing the BL2 upk's, I really dont have any idea whats going on. Id love to test it and the expansions with UEExplorer, it doesnt matter if its a steam copy does it?
(04-18-2013, 12:14 PM)MonsOlympus Wrote: Im actually having trouble decompressing the BL2 upk's, I really dont have any idea whats going on. Id love to test it and the expansions with UEExplorer, it doesnt matter if its a steam copy does it?

Have you tried adding -lzo at the end of the commandline?
Hi Eliot.  I tried installing the dev version you made for Borderlands 2 http://eliotvu.com/files/UE-Explorer-1.2-Dev.rar

When I start it though is says "UE doesn't exist!"

[Image: dadc181482335eaf7c269c0c736efe08.png]

Is this normal, or do I need to do anything special to use this version?

Edit:
After just opening UE Explorer.exe from the unrar'ed folder, it does start. Yet it seems it does not recognize the files as scripts that I'm trying to feed it.
[Image: fcdf744af2112591b3b604f15ab65e62.png]

I'm trying to view ScriptPatch_WillowGame.bin from the title updates, they are compressed in chunks but I've already properly decompressed it, as we can see the real names of the script values in binary
Hey,

I'm not sure if content from .bin is something that UE Explorer may understand, personally I have never looked within such files. It looks UE Explorer is opening that script as a .txt file.

UE Explorer expects the script files to either have the .u or .upk extensions, but before opening such files make sure to set the cooking type to PC or Console if necessary (See bottom right of UE Explorer).

p.s. A newer version is available at http://eliotvu.com/portfolio/view/21/ue-explorer
Thanks for the response Eliot. I've since learned that only the Xbox360 uses these ScriptPatch files, they're Script Patch Profiles or something like that.
The reason the Xbox360 uses them is because MS limits the title update size to 4mb, PS3 and PC do not have this limit, so they don't create ScriptPatch files, they just substitute the new .u / .xxx in the new title update.

I've been digging through the UE3 source leaks trying to find something related to these script patch files, but so far, I've found nothing.

I should have learned the lesson long ago, (if you want to mod something, do it on PC or PS3), there are always extra steps or finicky things with the Xbox360. :/