Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange DefaultProperties for Mirror's Edge??
Alright, sorry for the late response, but I've delved into the package myself to see what's truly going on!

I have to conclude that this is indeed a bug in UE Explorer and has nothing to do with any possible changes of the package format in Mirror's Edge.

I've looked at the UELib's code to see what may theoretically explain why it can resolve 'TeamColorNames' but not 'TeamBaseColors',
see this hacky code: https://github.com/EliotVU/Unreal-Librar...#L135-L136

As you see, 'TeamColorNames' is a string but 'TeamBaseColors' has a more complicated data type i.e. 'StructProperty' my bet the code to handle this type is failing, but I've yet to debug step through it.

This also explains why setting the data type yourself does not help, because according to the code, it will first resolve the property by looking up the inherited classes, if it can find the property, then it will not look at your custom definitions, which indeed implies that it can find 'TeamBaseColors' but somehow gets stuck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strange DefaultProperties for Mirror's Edge?? - by eliot - 06-01-2023, 09:00 PM